Monday, May 16, 2016

They Call Me Elder

Trunky thought of the week: If it wasn't for my week long extension, this would have been my final week in the mission. But alas, I have more time in North Kakali and I love it!!!!!

Monday- We actually washed the car today, like we're supposed to.







After P-Day was over, we had dinner at the Johnson's. We asked them for counsel on how we could help the Greene family come to church. They offered some good ideas that then said they would come with us to our next lesson!!

Tuesday- We had a busy morning: My Plan, DL Call, MLC Call, lunch, DL time, then we went out. We didn't have a whole lot of success today. We got to see Sister Halko and the Hamilton's fed us dinner, but that was about it. We did get this cool pic.



Wednesday- Today was just plain rough. Nuff said. I guess this would be a good spot for the Meme of the week. We're the worst secret ever!!



Thursday- Today was much better. We had a good weekly planning session. We both made a goal to not quote movies anymore so we could be more focused.  Not much else happened after that.

Friday- Today was interesting. Us and the zone leaders caught a ride down to Nags Head for district meeting. District meeting was good, but we ended up getting stranded for 3 hours in Nags Head.






​I went on exchanges with Elder Vanisi and we had a really good day. We met with the Johnson's real briefly to get coordinated for the lesson with the Greene's. They had to cancel, but the Johnson's did a great job at inviting them to church and explaining our worship services to them. We met with Brother Smith briefly, and Brother Connel fed us dinner. We did some late night tracting (late night being 8 o'clock). We found some good potentials.

Saturday- Elder Vanisi and I taught a new investigator on our way to exchange back. Elder Collier and I spent much of the day tracting with not much success. We went and worked out our own arrangement for "I Stand All Amazed" for church the next day.

Sunday- Elder Collier sang while I played the piano for the special musical number. People said it was good. My Mom has the recording. We did a lot of tracting and had dinner with the Bairs.

Sorry that was an abrupt ending. I've got to run so I can go to Hatteras. Love you all.

Elder Dumont



No comments:

Post a Comment